U.S.B. speeds

Slack Rat slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 16 09:17:07 UTC 2010

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org a écrit profondement:

| Because of handshaking and protocol overhead, the effective transfer rate
| over USB is *much* less than the basic speed numbers would seem to
| indicate.
| It also depends on the type of transfer you are doing.
>
| I don't know exact figures, but I do remember that USB 1.0 was in effect
| not all that much faster than a high baud rate serial connection, in the
| order of 100k bytes per second. (I'm going from memory...)

Would this affect WiFi too?

I have an Ad-Hoc net set up and the transfer is painfully slow

I get  around 85Kb/s

There is also a wired WAN on the server

USB MSI Dongle in the server using ndiswrapper
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0db0:6861 Micro Star International MSI-6861 802.11g =
WiFi adapter
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Built in Broadcom 43XX in a Lappy - again using ndiswrapper

--
Slackrat