Trying to run remote X [solved]

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 30 03:17:17 UTC 2010

  I asked one of the unix gurus at work, who pointed me to the "xhost"
command.  My physical machine has IP address 192.168.123.249.  I run...

  xhost +192.168.123.249

on my machine (the native 64-bit host), and then on the 32-bit guest I
run...

  export DISPLAY=192.168.123.249:0.0
  wine c:/4nec2/exe/4nec2X.exe

  ...the program windows come up on the 64-bit host.  How I get onto the
guest doesn't matter.  I have the option
of either ssh-ing into the 32-bit guest (with X forwarding enabled) or
simply switching to the QEMU-KVM window, running the 2 commands, and
switching back to the 64-bit host.

  Simple "xhost +" would also "work", but I don't like the (in)security
implications.  It does seem weird that I have to enable my own IP
address with xhost.