"linuxy" smartphones

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 26 02:01:45 UTC 2010

| From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Do you know in the case Newegg Canada listed an item, is there any chance the
| item will actually send from the US and we may have to pay custom tax and fee
| on it?

I think that there is a 100% chance that it will be sent from the US.
But they do all the customs, PST, and GST collecting.  So the price
they quote is accurate (with PST and GST added afterwards, as usual).

Interestingly, they list the PST + GST as a handling charge.  Even
when the item is listed as having "free shipping".