"linuxy" smartphones

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 25 17:05:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:07:52PM -0700, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Tyler Aviss wrote:
>> How do you figure?
>
> Most of the world outside North America use 2100 band for G3 (HSPA).
> However, Rogers (with Fido) and ATT choose to get 1900 band. T-Mobile and
> Wind Mobile do use 2100 band. N900 support band 900, 1700, and 2100 for
> HSPA: http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/specifications/

Sounds similar to what the Nexus One supports.  It too won't get HSPA
on rogers (but should work on wind except I think wind currently won't
deal with any phones they don't sell).  Well actually checking wind's
website, they already changed that policy (apparently they got some
feedback) and will now sell just sim cards and service.

--
Len Sorensen