"linuxy" smartphones

Renata Rocha natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 23 20:53:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 17:07, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
<arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, Tyler Aviss wrote:
>>
>> How do you figure?
>
> Most of the world outside North America use 2100 band for G3 (HSPA).
> However, Rogers (with Fido) and ATT choose to get 1900 band. T-Mobile and
> Wind Mobile do use 2100 band. N900 support band 900, 1700, and 2100 for
> HSPA: http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/specifications/

Thanks for answering before I had to ask. I have a N78 - the Brazilian
version does not support 2100 for 3G. I should have enabled it on
Claro provider (850 band), but I am a customer of Telecom Italia, so I
am only able to get EDGE connections.

Now I'm looking into this Wind Mobile 3G plans, as my N78 probably
support them. Thanks a lot.

--
Renata Rocha
re-9siASaY8nq0dnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org