Min-ITX boards, dual LAN/core

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 21 19:59:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 09:37:13AM -0800, Tyler Aviss wrote:
> Hmm, lots of questions on my mind today.
>
> My current "server" is running on a mini-ITX "jetway" botherboard with
> dual gigabit LAN cards and a C7 (1.5Ghz) CPU. I would like to find
> something with a decent SFF low-draw dual-core CPU, like a lot of the
> dual-core atom boards. Unfortunately I haven't yet found one of these
> that also has the dual 1GB NIC's.
>
> Anyone seen a dual-atom or dual-C7 (if such a beast exist) that also
> has two NIC's? Preferably at least one NIC being gig-E, of course.

Does it have to be x86?  Does it have to be dual core?

If you want a low power server with decent cpu performance (after all
the atom sure isn't fast), then the openrd-client might make sense.

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-openrdcdetails.aspx

Lots of USB ports, dual gigabit ethernet, internal and external SATA
connectors (I believe it can take an internal laptop SATA drive).
1.2GHz arm CPU is pretty darn fast.

--
Len Sorensen