Templating system for documents

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 12 21:53:31 UTC 2010

William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:

> I've used desktop publishing platforms and authored documents for the
> web, and I've also used LaTeX - none of these systems seems right for
> what I want to do.  Does anyone have a method for creating correctly
> styled documents without terrible pain and suffering?

your pain and suffering will be directly proportional to the
persnickityness of the "correctly styled document". What standard are
you working to ? I can think of a few scriptable solutions, mostly
starting by stripping the docs with unword (or similar) but as they get
more exacting in output style, they move from a2ps back towards LaTeX
(which shouldn't be that bad, if you can establish the stylesheet and
then script most of the rest) and then PDFlatex.

It's like ripping off a bandaid; an "ouch" now, or you can be picking at
it forever.

djp