Pidgin

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 8 14:39:40 UTC 2010

Devon Aitken wrote:
> Madison Kelly wrote:
>>> Ubuntu version 2.6.24-16-generic and the version for Pidgin is 2.4.1
>>
>> Can you tell me what this command prints?
>>
>> cat /etc/issue && uname -a
> devon at devon-desktop:~$ cat /etc/issue && uname -a
> Ubuntu 8.04 \n \l
>
> Linux devon-desktop 2.6.24-16-generic #1 SMP Thu Apr 10 13:23:42 UTC
> 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
> devon at devon-desktop:~$

Ah, That's four versions behind the current release. It's a fine
release, mind you, but it's not kept up to date anymore, so when things
like compatibility issues arise, they are rarely addressed.

You can try AMSN as John suggested, you can try installing a newer
version of Pidgin or you can upgrade you Ubuntu install. Sorry, none of
these are ideal solutions... It's tricky to maintain old versions of
programs sometimes.

Let us know which path you choose and how it works out and/or if you
want any help!

Madi