which USB GPS device should I buy?

tug williams tug.williams-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 4 22:18:40 UTC 2010

Colin McGregor wrote:

> Do keep in mind that the above GPS depends on a laptop (or other USB
> master device) to provide power and display functions. Bottom line, if
> you want to do things like mapping from a car (or other road vehicle)
> the above is a great way to get into it cheaply. The above is not so
> good if you want to do things like map hiking trails (where you would
> need to keep you laptop running as you walk...).
>
> Colin McGregor

Yup - something like hiking trails. Accuracy is more important than price.

The GPSCorrelate screenshot implies sub meter accuracy in altitude
measurements, which would be perfect - I want to map a sizable chunk of
land, but being able to know where each photo was taken would be worth
the cost and effort.

Tug