getting rid of paper files

edward chin edchin99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 28 20:25:08 UTC 2010

If I understand the situation correctly, you need a way of
indexing numerous paper documents and retaining
a scanned copy of each.

>From a legal, artistic, or creative perspective, a copy
is not an acceptable substitute for the original.

So, you still have the problem of organising and storing
the originals. This sounds more like a database issue.

Scanning provides only the convenience of viewing a document
before beginning a search for the original.