PulseAudio

Eric Battersby gyre-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 19 10:33:33 UTC 2010

I disabled PulseAudio, in Fedora and never looked back.
It would stop working after a few minutes.
Here is one log message:
   cpulimit.c: Received request to terminate due to CPU overload
I am only using ALSA now.

To remove it, I ran this (from some linux page):
         rpm -e pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-x11
 	pulseaudio-module-zeroconf pulsaudio-esound-compat
 	pulseaudio-module-lirc pulseaudio-module-jack
 	pulseaudio-module-gconf paprefs pavucontrol pavumeter
 	paman pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
 	kde-settings-pulseaudio fluxbox-pulseaudio
 	alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
- that seemed to work
- why didn't I do a yum erase?
   - don't know now, but you want to be careful not to remove
     too many dependencies
- my volume control disappeared; I use alsamixer for that