Debian nvidia video problem

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 11 16:59:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:22:05AM -0500, Jamon Camisso wrote:
> I've pretty much just stuck with the nvidia.com binary package and use
> it as the installer. So far so good, I've had more grub2 breakage with
> Squeeze than I have had Nvidia problems.

Unless you like your system to have the stability if windows, just avoid
3rd party installers.  That's one of the main problems on windows.

Lots of people have used nvidia's installer.  They all think it works
fine, until the day it doesn't.  It is not a matter of if it breaks,
it is a matter of when.  It will happen someday.  Sure it is always
fixable, but it isn't always easy to do.

--
Len Sorensen