AD2P

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 6 02:56:04 UTC 2010

Tyler Aviss wrote:
> Anyone here play much with Bluetooth audio and/or A2DP?
>
> I've got my media box connected to a sound system in one room via a
> "Motorola DC800" (RCA in, RCA out, AD2P audio gateway), which is
> really nice for when I want to broadcast my tunes around. However, I
> notice that when I want to also use my bluetooth headset (also AD2P)
> as I wander around the house, it will only allow one device at a time
> to be connected. Is this a limitation of bluetooth, bluez/blueman/etc,
> or a configuration issue?
>
> Adding a second bluetooth adaptor didn't seem to do much in allowing a
> secondary device to connect.

I don't know about your case, but with bluetooth in general, the limit
of connected devices seems to be based on the device. For example, my
netbook and laptop can each have multiple devices connected at once
(mouse, ear-piece and phone). With my earpiece though, I had to look
specifically for one that would bind with two devices at once.

So I don't think it is a bluetooth limitation, but it might be a device
limitation.

Madi