OT: .ca registry, .ca registrars, and domain "backordering"

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 23 14:58:19 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 8:59 PM, marthter wrote:
> Should I bid $61?  (I _DO_ rather want the domain, to at least that
> degree) or is it just a sham and bidding anything (just like clicking on
> spamvertisements) only encourages the practice further?
>
> Grrr.

I'm on pool.com too.  I always figured that if they bid against you
themselves, they might... win.  Which buys them nothing.

When the domains I've backordered come up, I've planned the same.  A
couple hundred dollars for a good domain which becomes yours is worth
it.  In theory, the squatters already lost the domain.  Pool.com leaves
a bad taste in my mouth, but they *are* providing a difficult and
valuable service.

If you lose the auction... it would be interesting to see what the site
becomes.

-Mike