Android configuration

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 20 20:53:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM, William Muriithi
<william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Afternoon
>
> Blackberry has a nice feature where one create a filter - For a
> certain address or Subject - and then attach the filter to a specific
> profile.  On the profile, one select a sound the the phone generate on
> receiving a mail matching a specific mail address or subject.  This is
> nice as it allow one to sleep and only wake up to respond to mails
> from nagios only.  The feature is called Level one alert in BB forums
>
> I would like to set a similar concept on an android phone, but this
> has proved tricky so far.  Is there someone here who has successfully
> been able to setup an android  phone to generate an audio alert on
> receiving email from a specific address?  Pointers?

Hi William,

I've not tried it, but it may be possible with SL4A, the scripting
layer for android:
  <http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/>

I believe I saw something similar a few months back on the mailing
list; however it was tied to SMS messages as opposed to email.

I'd recommend asking on that list:
  <http://groups.google.com/group/android-scripting>

All the best,
- Scott.