Android configuration

Fabio FZero fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 21 20:48:43 UTC 2010

You can achieve the same result if you use filters wisely on Gmail,
having only emails worthy of alerts reaching the Inbox. It takes a bit
work, but it's worth it.

A better solution would be creating a separated email account only for
urgent alerts. You can have as many accounts as you want attached to
the phone and each one can have a separated alert setting.

I can see the usefulness of the different alert levels, but the
configuration options for it (actually for everything!) on the
Blackberry are quite complicated. While Android and iPhone can be used
as work-phones, the Blackberry was thought from the ground up for
office use - hence the different alert configurations and undeniable
boringness compared to other smartphones.

- Fabio