[OT] phpmyadmin -- trouble importing

sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 20 01:32:44 UTC 2010

Anyone know about or used the phpmyadmin interface for database management?

I am new to phpMyAdmin, and am trying to read a backup of a database from
my website on to my localhost machine (a laptop running W7).

My file backup.bz2 is 1.7 megs (expands to about 14 megs), and I have
downloaded it locally, and have attempted to read it through a version of
phpMyAdmin (3.3.8.1) which comes with EasyPHP.

So, using the "Import" interface, I find my database, then select MySQL323
compatability mode (version 3.23 is what my host uses), and I get:

-----8<---------SNIP------------8<--------SNIP------------------
Error

SQL query:

--
-- Table structure for table `alimentarus_comments`
--

MySQL said: Documentation
#1046 - No database selected

Can anyone help me with this error?