Anyone have a Nokia N900?

Brandon Sandrowicz bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 10 06:55:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 03:02:14PM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Ivan Avery Frey
> <ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >> Working on Bell, Virgin and Telus doesn't interest me.  Make it work
> >> everywhere in the world, which GSM mostly does.
> >
> > According to the Wikipedia entry
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Mobility) Bell Mobility is a CDMA and a
> > HSPA+ based wireless network.
> >
> > And according to the entry on HSPA+
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSPA%2B) Rogers, Telus, and Bell all have
> > HSPA+ networks.
>
> The tales I'm hearing of late are that all the new phones tend to work
> on all of Robellus.
>
> There were two versions of Nexus One released, one that was only
> compatible with (Rogers, Wind, Mobilicity), and the other compatible
> with (Robellus but not Wind/Mobilicity).
> --
> http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxdistributions.html

In the US, at least I thought that there were 3 versions of the NexusOne
released:

 - One for AT&T (GSM)
 - One for T-Mobile (GSM)
 - One for Verizon (CDMA)

The difference between the AT&T and T-Mobile ones were just the 3G tech,
so *technically* still compatible between networks for Edge+Phone.
--
Brandon