Anyone have a Nokia N900?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 10 06:54:47 UTC 2010

>From earlier experience, it seemed to me that CDMA may have had better
range, but GSM better building penetration. Where I used to live, Telus
(CDMA) went farther, but often suffered heavy drop indoors where Rogers
(GSM) was less affected.

On 2010-12-09 9:58 AM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 10:56:57PM -0800, Brandon Sandrowicz wrote:
> As I understand it, CDMA is th...
Qualcomm owns piles of patents on CDMA.  No one else makes CDMA chips.
GSM seems to have been the rest of the cell industry joining together
to make something that qualcomm didn't have a monopoly on.

The sim card is another nice feature of GSM, that CDMA doesn't have.

Perhaps in terms of efficient use if the network, CDMA might be
technically better, but for the end user the lack of sim card and single
supplier of technology is just crap.  It doesn't matter how good it
might be technically.

--
Len Sorensen

--