Inventory and POS/Cash Solutions

Timothy Washington timothyjwashington-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 6 00:10:08 UTC 2010

A friend said something similar - start with the i) software (inventory &
accounting) and ii) back-end database first. Was recommended some open source
packages like i) http://www.openbravo.com and ii) http://l-ane.sourceforge.net ,
but I'm still trying to understand how to piece it all together. I really want
to be able to input inventory arrivals; then have a bar-code scanner (or just
POS) track what goes out the door.

It sounds like the cash drawer would have to be hooked up to the receipt printer
(serial connection?) - all from a POS screen. And yes, there is already a cash
register and bar-code reader there (don't have the specs). But I want something
that can be hooked up to an inventory control system.

Hmmm..
Tim