related to a legal Internet problem

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 30 10:47:41 UTC 2010

This is a sort of question related to legal Internet problem.

No, I do not expect legal advice. I would like to hear your opinion.

And this is not directly related to Canada at all. This is a problem
with a Polish web site (service).

Yes, I may use your opinions, at least before Polish Internet organizations.

Once in the past I asked here a question related to services like
rapidshare.com or megaupload.com . My question now is related to a
Polish site that does the same, pobieraczek.pl

Now, when I searched for a something in the past (a book, I guess, but I
do not remember exactly, for what) I filled in an online form. I
possibly did use their service to download something, but that I can not
be certain.

According to their interpretation, I am supposed to pay them now for
their service. Silly money, not such a big issue really, but the problem
is not in money. The problem is in the way how they force people to pay:
intimidation, sending many emails with threads (going to the court,
citing the law in Poland, regardless how stupid or not it may be).

I do not live in Poland now, but I do care for what goes on there with
the Internet. And I do somewhat care for people who could be fooled to
pay money for nothing.

This is the first ever case I find when someone is supposed to pay for
an Internet service AFTER receiving the service (and, actually, I am not
sure if I did receive any).

Any additional explanations needed? I will value all your comments very
much.

zb.