Ontario Linux Fest 2010, rest in peace...

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 31 13:50:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Colin McGregor wrote:

> Just to note, there is a posting on the Ontario Linux Fest site that
> the 2010 event has been canceled. Details to be seen here:
>
> http://onlinux.ca/
>
> The loss of any pro-Linux event is unfortunate, especially when the
> event is local.

Disappointing as I'd been out of the country for all previous shows and
had finally intended to go to OLF.

If the problem was resouring (human labour[1]) was there any attempt to
reach out and recruiter others?  I didn't see anything posted on any of
the Canadian LUG lists I'm on.

[1] Tangentially I'd like to point out that I object to the term "human
resources" as the resource is human labour not the human themself.  I'd be
fine with "human labour resources".

Cheers,

Rob

--