NCIX grand opening sale

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 28 00:54:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 05:52:09PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> They are marginally interesting in that they carry some diverse things
> that (the still rather diverse!) Canada Computers doesn't carry.  For
> instance, they carry a goodly variety of unlocked mobile phones, which
> CC doesn't.

Pacific mall.  Problem solved. :)

> But I always find visits to the storeroom curious.  There's a mix of
> rows where there's somewhat interesting stuff.  And then there's the
> section stacked with cases that are, well, "different than the
> average," but that look like cheap attempts to make decorative PC
> cases that I'd under no circumstances buy, even if they weren't rather
> pricey.

Yeah their cases are awful cheap plastic junk.  I have ordered silverstone
cases from NCIX before, so I am hoping they might stock them, or at
least be able to get them from the markham warehouse.

> NCIX carries a lot more of the "extra electronic gadgets" (such as
> mobile phones), which is likely to make TigerDirect rather less
> interesting.

Well the NCIX store looks very good (I just went by on the way home) and
the workers are busy stocking shelves, some body was finishing tiling the
front entrance and putting labels on the windows (store hours, and such).
I suspect they will be getting a big sign to put on the building, but
they don't have that yet.  They have a queueing line set up down and
around the corner of the building for lineups in the morning, so I guess
they are expecting people.  They will also be giving away free stuff,
and there is a contest you can enter for free as well (and get more
entries if you actually buy stuff of course).  The store is just south
west of the movie theatre.

They will be opening at 9:30.  No one was in line yet. :)

--
Len Sorensen