NCIX grand opening sale

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 27 21:52:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 04:34:02PM -0400, William Park wrote:
>> And, for some reason, their cpus and motherboards are more expensive
>> than Infonec or Canada Computers.
>
> Yeah certainly anything they do have worth buying is more expensive
> than elsewhere.  Just don't bother with tiger direct.

They are marginally interesting in that they carry some diverse things
that (the still rather diverse!) Canada Computers doesn't carry.  For
instance, they carry a goodly variety of unlocked mobile phones, which
CC doesn't.

But I always find visits to the storeroom curious.  There's a mix of
rows where there's somewhat interesting stuff.  And then there's the
section stacked with cases that are, well, "different than the
average," but that look like cheap attempts to make decorative PC
cases that I'd under no circumstances buy, even if they weren't rather
pricey.

NCIX carries a lot more of the "extra electronic gadgets" (such as
mobile phones), which is likely to make TigerDirect rather less
interesting.