I Am Now 34....

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 16 07:36:08 UTC 2010

A good portion of marriages probably start because of kids or at an early
age. Ruling out the "unexpected" or "inexperienced" stages, perhaps there
may be higher rates of success. People and life change a lot between high
school/college romance, but a lot of major decisions such as marriage also
seem to occur then. Perhaps a latter age means a more stable base.

On 2010-08-15 2:04 PM, "Jason Carson" <jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 08/15/2010 02:18 PM, Jason Carson wrote:
>> What may make you feel better is reading up why NOT...
Well the according to the Department of Justice, Child Support Initiative,
Evaluation Report, August 1997, divorce rate in Canada is about 48%. Then
take into account that of the roughly half of marriages that stay together
its possible that stuff happens in those marriages (Weight gain, less sex,
compromising, etc). See this article as an example...

http://ca.askmen.com/top_10/dating/top-10-reasons-not-to-get-married.html

> Feeling happier because of
> those "tons of horror stories" isn't a healthy or good response. If
I guess I can agree with your there but the reality is many marriages are
not all that great. Some marriages of the half that stay together may stay
together just for the kids or for financial reasons. Just something for
Michael to think about, that is all. From what I have read it seems that
happy healthy marriages are in the minority.

> You attract and become what you think about. If your thoughts are, "Many
> marriages end in divor...
I doubt all of the marriages that end it divorce started of with negative
thoughts, both partners probably had good intentions. The marriages just
didn't work, that's reality. Just something to ponder before Michael takes
the plunge. Although I guess I am getting ahead of myself, he is just
looking for a date.

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
TLUG requests: Linux topics, No...