MyTTC

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 13 23:17:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Robert Brockway
<robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Fabio FZero wrote:
>
>> Really? MyTTC has saved my newcomer ass a handful of times when I
>> arrived. Now I'm used enough to the TTC to figure out the best route
>> looking at Google Maps instead.
>
> I've always used the oh-so-user-friendly TTC site ;)

Funny how we find / stick to tools... I wasn't aware of the MyTTC
site, but then I've lived in Toronto for enough years that most places
I already know well enough that I don't need the services of a guide
and for the parts of the city I don't know well I will turn to a TTC
map (from the TTC web site or a printed guide...). In other words, the
MyTTC site is nicely done / slick, but I don't see myself using it
very often (if ever).

I did try asking MyTTC for an ambiguous route, from my home near Yonge
& Eglinton to the intersection of Bloor and Dundas (remember that
Bloor and Dundas intersect at two places). I then tried several other
start points around the city. MyTTC seems to think that only the
eastern most Bloor and Dundas intersection exists...

Another non-TTC but TTC related site that I have had fun looking at is
a site run by some local transit fans : transit.toronto.on.ca .  So,
all sorts of trivia about the TTC, like the "abandoned" subway
stations : transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5006.shtml . Or a look at the
PCC series street cars (the last of which were in operation when I
moved to Toronto, but have now all been pulled from service) :
transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4502.shtml

Colin