[mythtv-gta]: A MythTV building workshop?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 11 03:22:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 11:03:35PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Ushnish Sengupta
> <ushnish.sengupta-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Hi
> > No PCI-Express capable machines at Free Geek Toronto that I am aware of.
>
> Unfortunate, but not a big issue, just means that showing off the
> tricks a VDPAU card can pull will not be an option using a machine
> from FreeGeek. What is the fastest machine I could count on being able
> to borrow at FreeGeek?

As I was browsing "TV tuner" section, I noticed that practically all are
PCI-E x 1.  And, another thing I noticed is all the specs only mentioned
"input" to these cards.  But, I want to watch TV on TV.  So, where is
"output"?  Do I connect the TV to my graphic card, or these "TV tuner"
cards?

--
William