[mythtv-gta]: A MythTV building workshop?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 10 15:55:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:29:09PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> Rogers Digital Basic (the cheapest package) already gives you HD for
> main Canadian and US channels.  Why do you need antenna, then?

To record them.  Unless you add something like the HDPVR to a rogers HD
digital box.  Most HD channels are not accessible over firewire (and
les and less seem to be over time).  I had the winter olympics in HD on
firewire for CTV, but I stopped being able to do that in March.

Digital basic did not include the HD box, only the SD box unless that
has changed lately (in which case I would like them to exchange my SD
box for an HD box please).

> Right now, I have everything with Rogers (ie. tv, home phone, wireless,
> internet), of which cable tv is the biggest portion of the bill.  So,
> I'm very interested in your antenna setup.  I look forward to your talk.

I have cable, internet and cell phone with them right now.  Some day I
will get around to moving internet to teksavvy instead.  I could maybe
put up an antenna, but in about a year they are supposed to start building
a condo tower 500m south of my house, so I am thinking "Why bother".

--
Len Sorensen