[mythtv-gta]: A MythTV building workshop?

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 9 05:41:35 UTC 2010

Colin McGregor wrote:
> Oh, that is dated. When I wrote about MythTV in the fall of 2005
> (http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8658) the PVR-150 was out and the
> recommended video card was the GeForce 5200...

If you want old, I used to use an ATI All-In-Wonder PRO with the GATOS
program to view TV (all of which predates MythTV). I currently have a
PVR-150 in my desktop with MythTV under Ubuntu. There are times I would
like to have a PVR-350 dual tuner card but I've heard that there are
different chipsets used on the boards and only some of them are compatible
with Linux. Its hard to know what chipset you might get when getting one of
the boards.