news items on cbc.ca cannot be viewed on Linux

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 5 04:43:45 UTC 2010

This pissed me off somewhat.
My first thought was, does it also not play on the PS3.
If it didn't , then the comment about 1% or less would be bogus (well with respect to possible visitors).
My PS3 broke the other day, same BGA solder issue that is systematically nuking all the ps3's :(.
Anyways, can someone with a ps3 try the link?
I have tried in my mint8, and openSuse11.2 and no dice.
There is a crappy work-around posted on the URL (stated in the original post) below.

If it works on PS3, and Win, and Mac, I can understand CBC not wanting to fix it, as it would be
about 1% give or take. They got a crappy contractor to build it, and they are not likely to be able
to go back now and demand a fix.
I would hope, if other sites are affected that they would build a FF/Chrome extension to essentially
examine the script code and get at the flv, and present it (much like the hack posted). They have extensions
that do a whole bunch more complex things.

tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>