Suggestions for new computer

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 23 02:12:02 UTC 2009

I'm looking to buy a new PC, that can be ran with mythtv and has the
power to do video encoding and audio encoding.

It's going to be my multimedia center including using music with
coaxial output, the problem I'm finding is that most of these
motherboards only have 2 PCI regular slots...
If even that, alot of them only have pci express slots.

Which leads me to questions like:

Are there pci express slots that can do serial for ir blaster and ir
remote? Are there PCI express tuners that can be found that will work
with rogers digital cable or satellite tv or even Digital over the
air?

Are regular PCI slot being phased out completely now?

Any suggestions would be helpful.