[TLUG]: OT:O´Really User Groups - Books for free

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 22 23:45:12 UTC 2009

Hi guys...

Well.. this is a OT..so, why not write about O´Reilly..

I´m not sure if you guys know, but O´Reilly has a good program to
collaborate with user groups.
In this program the group is sponsored by O´Reilly. They send the
books you want and on the other hand.. The group´s website may keep an
small O´Reilly´s banner.

My user group in Brasil (Tux-CE) is on this program. Every three
months we order ~3 books. YEAH.. For free! Even the ship.

I´m new here so im not sure about your case. In our case in my
community, we keep these books as a small library to our user group
and keep changing the books with the other members. But, you can
choose the best way for your (TLUG) case.

Take a look at this link: http://ug.oreilly.com/

`R`$ 0,002
cheers
On 9/22/09, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> > I really don't know anything about SEO, but I am wondering if anyone
> > has read the 'Website Optimization' O'Rielly book or anything similar?
> > Your thoughts, is this something I can do myself or is it better to
> > pay someone to SEO your website. Just considering this as an option.
> >

> Content is king. Links from other sites to your page(s) are a search
> engine's main way of measuring the relevance of your page. Look at how major
> foss cms systems do things, and perhaps include an xml sitemap (lots of
> cmses like wordpress, drupal) will generate a sitemap for you to submit to
> google, yahoo etc.
>
> Don't drink the seo kool-aid until you have a tangible problem that having
> just plain old good content can't solve.
>
> My $0.02.
>
> Jamon
>
> --
> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/

---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net