OT:Website Optimization - O'Rielly book

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 22 22:42:20 UTC 2009

Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> I really don't know anything about SEO, but I am wondering if anyone
> has read the 'Website Optimization' O'Rielly book or anything similar?
> Your thoughts, is this something I can do myself or is it better to
> pay someone to SEO your website. Just considering this as an option.

Content is king. Links from other sites to your page(s) are a search
engine's main way of measuring the relevance of your page. Look at how
major foss cms systems do things, and perhaps include an xml sitemap
(lots of cmses like wordpress, drupal) will generate a sitemap for you
to submit to google, yahoo etc.

Don't drink the seo kool-aid until you have a tangible problem that
having just plain old good content can't solve.

My $0.02.

Jamon