tragic news; Leah Cunnungham/Kubik 1980 - 2009

Amanda Yilmaz ayilmaz-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 12 02:23:14 UTC 2009

I just learned tonight from a friend. I'm in a daze.

My heart goes out to Joseph, and to Leah's family and friends.

I didn't know Leah well, largely because I was too much in awe of her. She was a powerhouse. Her quirky character, her straightforwardness and outspokenness, her willingness to go right ahead and do things other people would shrink from. She and Joseph were also instrumental in encouraging me and my partner, both Americans, to get off our duffs and complete the Canadian immigration process.

Just knowing that someone like her existed made the world a better place.

Damn it. :'(

Amanda