tragic news; Leah Cunnungham/Kubik 1980 - 2009

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 11 17:22:11 UTC 2009

Rajinder Yadav wrote:

> Right now, it's hitting me harder knowing there are many people on this
> list who knew her first hard, and although I never met her, the story
> and who she was feels more real just because of the relatedness of this
> community ='(
when linuxcaffe was just opening, Leah and Joseph picked up the sysadmin
torch from Robert Brockway, and the two of them spent weeks of late
nights making the impossible happen. Leah just would not quit and would
not be daunted by the fact that something had never been done. They tore
through technical challenges like pit-bulls, sometimes working till the
sun came up, and in exchange for pizza, beer and love. She was a genius
iconoclast; smart, sexy and sarcastic. I will never forget her and
dealing with this loss is going to take me a while.
djp