Kernel upgraded but not Nvidia

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 3 21:39:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 05:30:25PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> Okay, I'm looking at the manpage for module assistant, and I cannot see what
> would do that...don't suppose you want to tell me how to do that? :-)

Well you could simply download the .deb's from unstable.  If you happen
to have actual pinning setup and unstable listed in your sources.list
then you should be able to do:

apt-get install nvidia-kernel-source/unstable
m-a clean,a-i -t nvidia
apt-get install -t unstable nvidia-glx

That should probably take care of it.

If you don't have it setup for pinning fully, then you could download the
packages from packages.debian.org/nvidia-glx/ for i386 or amd64 (whichever
you use) and install nvidia-kernel-source*deb with dpkg -i first, then
do m-a then install nvidia-glx*deb.  Might need nvidia-common updated
as well, although I don't remember if that has changed recently or not.

--
Len Sorensen