looking for a new host

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 2 14:03:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Rajinder Yadav<devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have an account with the following host: http://www.siteground.com/
> It is coming up for renewal, I like these guys they have been pretty rock
> solid and have no complaints except for the fact they are offering new
> clients a bit more saving than existing client?
>
> I posted this on their facebook and they silently deleted my question and
> did not even provide a reply. So I posted this up again and called them up
> on their lack of integrity.
>
> Anyways its a good time to go shopping before I get locked down again. I am
> wondering if anyone else can recommend me a few good hosts I can compare. I
> have till Sept 19 to decide before they try to auto-renew.
>
> I am looking for a Linux host that will allow me to easily install stuff or
> provide a way to easily do this. I am also looking for a host that supports
> Ruby on Rails.

I can highly recommend pair.com [1]. They may not be the cheapest
option, but they are very reliable [2,3]. I've been with them for
close to ten years. Their servers have Ruby installed [4], though I
haven't used RoR myself.

And I wouldn't put a lot of faith into an organization that
arbitrarily deletes customer comments. Good luck.

Alex

1. http://www.pair.com/services/web_hosting/
2. http://www.pair.com/support/knowledge_base/our_network_and_servers/network_status.html
3. http://www.pair.com/support/system_notices.html