pic/midi programming

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 29 17:12:19 UTC 2009

----- Message from davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org ---------

> How to use a MIDI chip to output sound

Since I'm not familiar with "PIC" there's a fair chance that I don't
understand the question, but....  Typically MIDI is strictly data and
has no intrinsic sound.  It can get sent to some kind of
sound-producing device that interprets it and makes sound based on the
MIDI instructions.  There are integrated devices that do both, I guess,
but I think of them as sound modules that happen to understand MIDI.
:-)

Is it some specific device that you're trying to program or just
anything that accepts MIDI (or GM)?