pic/midi programming

Dave Cramer davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 29 17:31:42 UTC 2009

The end goal is to create an electronic bagpipe. Yes, I know I can buy one,
but I'd like to build it.

So it has 8 switch inputs and outputs notes depending on which switches are
pressed.

So my initial thought was to use a PIC microcontroller to read the switches
and then either output to a MIDI synth chip, or generate the notes with the
PIC and a D to A

Now for those unfamiliar with bagpipes they actually have 4 reeds in total
so I would need 4 DAC's ( I think )

Dave