gov't sponsored site requires proprietary software

waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 24 21:40:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 09:37:17AM -0400, Terrence Enger wrote

> Disappointingly, the service works only only with Windows or Mac.
> It is perhaps no coincidence that the "guided tour" requires
> Adobe Flash, and they use the word "free" only in the
> sense "gratis".

  I didn't get too deep into it, but it seems to work OK on Gentoo with
Firefox 3.0.14 and Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32.  Remember to enable
javascript on those sites.