[kinda OT] home network speed

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 19 21:12:21 UTC 2009

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> microwave _ovens_ are supposed to be shielded.  I guess we should be
> specific.  I hope none of the other microwave using devices operate at
> the 1000W range.

Actually, the radio amateur next door could be doing so legally and then
running it through a high gain antenna for several more dB.  Just last
week at work, we were testing some 38 GHz gear for a short haul
microwave link.  We had it covered in black foam that's designed to
absorb microwaves and keep it to safe levels.  If you see me and I look
like I'm sunburned, that's why!  ;-)