[TLUG] Applause For Finland: First Country To Make Broadband Access A Legal Right

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 15 12:50:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Marcelo Cavalcante wrote:

> Well, I don't care too much about this specific issue.
> They pay taxes, right? So.. for sure, it wouldn't be sooooo expansive for
> the government to make it works.
> In fact, many other countries in Europe or even here, in Brazil, we can see
> many people discuting about this kind of initiative.

I don't think it has made headlines overseas but 90% of Aussies will have
100Mb/s to their door within 8 years.  Work started a few months ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Network_(Australia)

Rob (who is currently in Australia)

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
http://www.practicalsysadmin.com