Laptop Batteries

Andrew Cowie andrew-2KHxOkysSnqmy7d5DmSz6TlRY1/6cnIP at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 12 06:41:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 15:47 -0400, Merv Curley wrote:
> A while back this topic came up and someone had a spot in the city which had a
> pretty good selection.  My daughter-in-law has a Toshiba laptop which needs a
> new battery and Toshiba don't stock them any more.

That being the case you have little choice but to go after-market, but
[some years ago now] I had repeated experiences of buying generic
look-alike Toshiba batteries from third-party suppliers only to have
them last less than a month and then be completely dead.

One time we cracked it open and found weights instead of batteries.
Another time we found alkaline single use AA cells instead of lithium
ion cells...

It's certainly unfair of me to paint such a wide brush; perhaps there
are reliable third-party part makers out there, but they complete
against all the other dodgy laptop battery selling websites out there,
and they don't exactly thrive on repeat business from individual buyers.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/