Laptop Batteries

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 12 05:32:35 UTC 2009

| From: Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org>

|   My daughter-in-law has a Toshiba laptop which needs a
| new battery and Toshiba don't stock them any more.

I bought a battery for my daughter's Dell through a local store.  I
found it through googling.  The store and the battery seemed fine and
not too expensive.  I cannot say how they would compare with other
places.

The battery is working over a year later (as one would hope).

The store is in a mall in Scarborough.  It seems like a normal
non-chain computer store.  They did sell refurb computers too.

http://www.gtalaptops.com/buy/#j273

"Original" means that it is a Toshiba brand battery.
"generic" means the battery is not Toshiba-branded.
I chose a "generic" battery even though I thought it slightly more
risky.

They don't have the batteries in stock: you order them, with some
money up front.  I could have bypassed the middleman and ordered over
the web but I felt more comfortable with a physical storefront.

Also: consider phoning these people:
  http://www.ccsiweb.ca/home.asp
They seem to have some inside track with Toshiba.
(I've not dealt with them.)