Server Weirdness

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 10 19:50:29 UTC 2009

Mark Lane wrote:
> I have been having problems with a CentOS 5.3 Fileserver (64 Bit) lately
> that wants to run reboot all of a sudden.
[snip]

We had a Dell server Windows 2003 Server that was misbehaving exactly
the same way at a client, random reboots, random BSODs. Memtest didn't
catch anything. Dell sent us replacement RAM, CPU, and power supply, all
to no avail. An on-site tech eventually replaced the motherboard when he
concluded that we had bad capacitors on the motherboard and it has been
running fine ever since.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay