[OT] HTML in posts (was: [OT] folders in gmail)

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 9 09:56:31 UTC 2009

On Wed Oct 07,2009 06:28:13 PM CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>> I've recent moved my decades of email archives to Gmail and am
>> very happy to have made the switch ...
>
> I'm not. I could read your posts before without having to resort to
> a magnifying glass. Now, it looks like you're using 5 point Times,
> though I don't understand why because your email is plain-text.

No, Evan's posts are not just plain-text, they also contain an HTML
section, contrary to what the TLUG mailing list requests. This is
what you (and I) are seeing.

If Evan is using the Gmail client, what he should do is click on the
"Plain Text" link above the message entry area before posting.

If Abidel Bassie-Cripps is reading this post, she should take note of
it and do the same thing.

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **