command prompter

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 4 00:01:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Terrence Enger wrote:

> To be able to enter parameters in a form integrated with prompts would
> be some benefit, but not much, I think.  Unless I feel different in the
> morning--or somebody else, perchance, feels different--I see no place
> for further effort.

You may also want to look at aliases and functions within bash.  It is
normal for shell users to create aliases that include various switches for
their most common commands.  Functions can do everything aliases can do
and allow for increased complexity.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
http://www.practicalsysadmin.com