command prompter

Tim Middleton tim-Ww2BJfnxIYteoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 2 20:47:03 UTC 2009

debian/ubuntu has a package called "bash-completion" that drops a bunch of
scripts to do auto-completion for a bunch of programs into
/etc/bash_completion.d/

Other linux platforms probably have a similar package (freebsd does also).

The ubuntu package points to this url: http://bash-
completion.alioth.debian.org/

The freebsd package points here: http://www.caliban.org/bash/index.shtml

The collection of scripts isn't very extensive. But if there's any commands
you want to add support for, these scripts can serve as example.

"find" is not there, for example. But find has *so* many options it'd probably
just  fill up your screen anyhow. (-;