Openldap help

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 2 01:06:29 UTC 2009

LDAP is not my strong point. I'm trying to setup an address book using
Openldap (debian stable). It seems the schema that I chose does not
allow for a country address field. I can't seem to find a suitable one
that does. Is there away around this trouble?

ldif file

dn: ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: people

dn: cn=Neil Watson,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: Neil Watson
sn: Watson
gn: Neil
mail: neil-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
street: 1 lane street
l: Springfield
st: nowhere
postalCode: H0H0H0
telephoneNumber: 555-555-5555
homePhone: 555-555-5555
c: CA

Running ldapadd produces

ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
         additional info: attribute 'c' not allowed

If I remove the 'c:' there are no errors.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant