OT: Google Wave

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 1 14:01:27 UTC 2009

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

Thanks for the link. Lovely

> If this technology is half as good as it's made out to be, it will be a real
> game changer. It seems to integrate the best of IM, wiki, email and
> collaborative products and does each better while integrating with social
> media like FB and blogs. With history, so that you can replay to see how a
> wave evolved (including selective replay of only certain actors, IIRC.

It reasonable to believe it will be good. Have seem a couple of
article of it and its hard to find any that is critical of it. That
may imply its either very good or they have been so effective at
selecting the preview people that all are google admirers and can
never bring themselves to criticize google. I think the later is very
unlikely.  Or may be, I have not looked hard enough for a critical
writer.

> I can see it being a threat even to the mighty SharePoint (of course, being
> Google, it has great search built in from scratch). Plus it is an open
> standard and there is/will be a reference implementation from Google (open
> source/free software, I believe).

Hmm, have never used SharePoint,  but heard from a lot of people that
it now has a competitor. Good for everyone, when we have competition

The really nice side effects should this take off is, it will leave us
with html5 compatible browsers. I mean, not just firefox 3.5, but even
EI6. That would one huge step in killing flash. Long to see that day.